You were the type to keep things moving along.
“Things will collapse and they may be replaced.”
But it takes a push to stand in the front lines.
And it takes a push to make things happen.
Though all along there’ll be reformist apologists,
all so critical if we’re not polite when we say
“this isn’t the life I ask for, but I’m ready to take what’s mine.”
And you could say that it wasn’t enough.
But we knew even then that it wasn’t enough.
But so what?
But you say it don’t matter. How could you say
It don’t matter? Should things tumble and shatter?
Would you scream any louder? Or would you
Say it don’t matter? Even when you were
Sweet you were a bastard
So heed the call of a mass opinion.
Join a culture of pacification.
You’ll be grouped,
Classified and dismissed if that’s easier.
It’s not the same thing as having a position.
If it’s not enough to sing a song like a
Firebrand, then what you need is a change
And a spark, not a letter of resignation
Admitting defeat, denying the things you used
To say, when you were sweet
- ugh I'm tooootally gonna cry tonight. #bigbaby 5 years ago
- A Fond Farewell from your Resident Student Bartender wp.me/p1EfxM-2f via @wordpressdotcom 5 years ago
- alpha sig alum ❤ 5 years ago
- if you're gonna come in here and dick around on the pool tables and ask me for quarters every 30 minutes you can at least tip. #scrubs 5 years ago
- shrimp is off the menu for good. 😔 5 years ago